StayClassy is proud to announce the inaugural Leadership Council for the 4th Annual CLASSY Awards. The Leadership Council is a unique group comprised of top philanthropic and social leaders from around the world. This represents one of the first times that a diverse group of leaders from all facets of the nonprofit sector have gathered together to recognize the greatest charitable impact and social innovations worldwide.
"I have had the honor of attending the CLASSY Awards for the past two years, and have had the opportunity to experience first-hand the incredible platform they have created which recognizes amazing charitable efforts all over the world," said Adam Garone, Co-Founder and CEO of Movember. "I am truly honored and humbled to be part of the CLASSY Awards Leadership Council, made up of a team of remarkable and inspiring individuals."
Serving as the democratic voice of the CLASSY Awards, the Leadership Council brings great depth and expertise to the judging process with its members collectively determining the 16 National CLASSY Awards Winners. To date, more than 1,000 nominations have been submitted for consideration in what has become one of the largest philanthropic awards ceremonies in the country.
"I truly believe that everyone, no matter what your station in life, has the power to save a life," said Elizabeth Gore, Vice President of Global Partnerships at the United Nations Foundation. "The CLASSY Awards provide an opportunity to lift up and honor those who are making a difference in lives globally and in your own backyard."
Leadership Council Members:
• Adam Braun, Founder & Executive Director, Pencils of Promise
• Adam Garone, CEO & Co-Founder, Movember
• Alvaro Rojas, Director of Marketing, Chronicle of Philanthropy
• Amy Smith, President, Points of Light Action Networks
• Barrington Irving, Founder, Experience Aviation
• Bob Ottenhoff, President & CEO, Guidestar
• Brian Sirgutz, SVP Impact, Huffington Post
• Charles Best, Founder & CEO DonorsChoose.org
• Clam Lorenz, Senior Manager of Nonprofit Engagement, PayPal
• Darian Rodriguez Heyman, Co-Producer, Social Media for Nonprofits
• David Risher, CEO, Worldreader
• Elizabeth Gore, VP Global Partnerships, United Nations Foundation
• Emily Davis, Author and Founder, YNPN San Diego
• Jacob Wood, Co-Founder & President Team Rubicon
• Jason Rzepka, VP Public Affairs, MTV
• Jeff Shuck, President & CEO Event360
• Jim Gibbons, President & CEO, Goodwill Industries International
• Jim Moriarty, CEO, Surfrider Foundation
• Katya Andresen, CSO, Network For Good
• Meg Garlinghouse, Head of Social Impact, LinkedIn
• Meghan Murphy, Sr. Dir Global Alliances, X Prize Foundation
• Natalie Spilger, Director of Community Building, Summit Series & Founder, GreenLaces
• Pat Walsh, Co-Founder & CMO, StayClassy
• Premal Shah, President, Kiva
• Rod Arnold, President, NonProfit Group Media Ventures Group
• Ryan Scott, CEO & Founder, Causecast
• Scot Chisholm, Co-Founder & CEO, StayClassy
• Stephanie Kurzina, VP Development & Communications, OXFAM
• Walter Philips, CEO, San Diego Youth Services
• Yael Cohen, Founder, F Cancer
Nominations for the CLASSY Awards are open to the public until June 14th. For more information on the Leadership Council visit: www.classyawards.org.
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more