How well were you paying attention to what President Bush said in Pennsylvania this week?
1) Complete George W. Bush's statement: "One way to love your neighbor is _____________"
a) the food bank.
b) to mow his lawn.
c) use the Heimlich maneuver if he or she is choking on something.
2) What did George W. Bush say his wife Laura "cares deeply about"?
a) Drunk driving, abortion and cigarettes in movies.
b) Global warming, Darfur and steroids.
c) Women in Afghanistan, literacy and malaria.
3) What did George W. Bush say shortly after vetoing the Children's Health Insurance bill?
a) "If they pass it again, I'll veto it again."
b) "I like the idea of helping those who are poor be able to get health coverage for their children."
c) "One of the hardest things about this job is pretending I give a damn about anyone."
4) What did George W. Bush say is "one of the jobs of the president"?
a) "To talk a lot about what the jobs of the president is."
b) "To squander every last drop of good will any other nation ever had for us."
c) "To hold people to account."
5) Fill in the pair of blanks in George W. Bush's quote: "My job is ___________. And as a result, _____________________"
a) to make decisions ... I call myself 'The Decider Guy.'
b) a decision-making job ... I make a lot of decisions.
c) best done by an intelligent, compassionate, humble man ... I absolutely SUCK at it.
ANSWERS: 1) a, 2) c, 3) b, 4) c, 5) b
Paul Slansky's quizzes will be a regular feature on 23/6, the new satiric news site coming soon to a computer screen near you.
Follow Paul Slansky on Twitter: www.twitter.com/slansky