What are some great "When I was your age" statements?: originally appeared on Quora: The best answer to any question. Ask a question, get a great answer. Learn from experts and access insider knowledge. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
- When I was your age, it was basically impossible to lose a phone. If all else failed, you started at the wall jack and followed the line. There were cellphones, or, as we called them at the time, "carphones." Nobody we knew actually had one, though.
When I was your age (10):
- We didn't have cops in schools.
- When I was your age, a man could be fond of children and not be considered a sexual predator.
More questions on Quora:
- Military Jargon, Lingo &Terminology: What does "don't call me sir, I work for a living" mean?
- Idioms: What does the statement mean, "what goes around, comes around"?
- Philosophy of Everyday Life: What does "the devil is in the details" mean?