Not to brag or anything (HUMBLEBRAG AHEAD), but I wrote the entry on this for ComicVine (my go-to comics encyclopedia). Heeeeeere you go!
In case you were too lazy to click the link, here are some of the items listed:
- Batarangs: Shuriken or boomerang-based throwing blades made to resemble the symbol of a bat. Some alternate versions of his Batarangs explode, emit electrical blasts, and sometimes come with detonators.
- Grappling Hook: Also known as the Bat-Claw. Batman can use this to grapple onto high locations or can grab hold of a criminal by directing it at him. He sometimes uses it to catch run-away street thugs that cannot put up a fight against him.
- Gas Mask: This is used to protect Batman from dangerous fumes and other airborne chemicals. This fits over the bottom half of the mask.
- Re-breather: Allows Batman to breathe underwater or in a vacuum.
- Night Vision Goggles: This allows for Batman to see in dark or dim-lit areas. It also grants him the ability to view the infrared spectrum. (Now built into his mask.)
- Sonar: Used in his mask to locate criminals.
- Tracers: Bat-shaped signal tracers that can adhere to most if not all surfaces.
- Communicators: Batman communicates with different members of his team and also with other superhero allies using closed-circuited signals.
- Lock Picks: Batman uses these to open locked doors.
- Cuffs: Special cuffs that only few enemies and heroes can break out of. Batman can quickly lock a enemy to a pole or deliver him to the police.
- Bolas: Batman swings these Bat-Bolas over his head to wrap up an enemy.
- Smoke Grenades and Pellets: Batman can throw these grenades in order to use a stealth technique, distract an enemy, escape a situation, or plan his next course of action.
- Sonic Grenades: These disrupt electronics and disorient enemy hearing.
- Flash Grenades: This gadget is used to temporarily blind enemies.
- Mini-Mines: Mines that can fit in any small area or used as low-grade explosives during combat.
- Thermite Explosives: Capable of burning through most materials.
- Plastique: Small exploding devices that have a timer or detonator switch to activate.
- Tasers: Batman carries this to shock or neutralize an enemy. This weapon was often used in the Golden Age/movies.
- Brass Knuckles: Used to engage an enemy with more force behind his blows.
- Tactical Knife: Batman does not use this in combat, but he has used this to cut through many durable materials.
- Mini-Computer: Batman carries two of these. One is located in his utility belt and another is located in his left arm. It appears as a virtual computer that he can contact other heroes or find out strategic areas in certain places.
- First Aid Kit: Used to aid in treating wounds. Alfred normally uses this to tend to his master's wounds.
- Forensics Kit: Batman keeps two of these, one in his utility belt and the other in his vehicles.
- Kryptonite Ring: Inside a lead-lined box is a ring with a green kryptonite jewel to battle Superman if he ever goes rogue.
More questions on Batman:
- Why does Gotham have so many celebrity psychopaths?
- How would a Darren Aronofsky Batman film differ from the current Nolan series?
- Is Bruce Wayne (Batman) Protestant or Catholic? Or other?
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more