Sometimes I run to be healthy, and sometimes I run because I'm training for a race. But I've found that my most successful runs happen when I'm not worried about my distance, time or how many calories I think I've burned. My great runs are more of a release than a workout, just time for myself to let go and leave any stress or frustration on the pavement (or treadmill).
This playlist is filled with lines that inspire me to do just that. Beginning with "We Are Young," I start to get into the zone, and by the time I hear "I don't care, I love it!" I'm letting it all go. The last song, "Take a Walk," reminds me that putting one foot in front of the other may be the best way to address any negative tension that builds up throughout the day.
Take a listen and let me know if you have any go-to songs you like to run to when you're stressed!
- We Are Young -- Fun feat. Janelle Monáe
- Anything Could Happen -- Ellie Goulding
- Don't You Worry Child -- Swedish House Mafia
- I Could Be The One -- Avicii vs Nicky Romero
- Scream & Shout -- will.i.am, Britney Spears
- I Love It -- Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX
- Dancing On My Own -- Robyn
- Counting Stars -- OneRepublic
- Little Talks -- Of Monsters And Men
- Take a Walk -- Passion Pit
For more playlists, click here.