The hospitals were ranked based on ten metrics, including mortality, medical complications, patient safety, average patient stay, expenses, profitability, patient satisfaction, adherence to clinical standards of care, post-discharge mortality and readmission rates for heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia.
Here are five of the top hospitals in Illinois, as ranked by Truven Health Analytics:
1. Advocate Christ Medical Center - Oak Lawn
2. Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Chicago
3. Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Park Ridge
4. Rush University Medical Center - Chicago
5. Riverside Medical Center - Kankakee
See five more top-ranked Illinois hospitals at Reboot Illinois, including one hospital that was recognized by the report for the first time ever.
Sign up for our daily email to stay up to date with Illinois politics.
NEXT ARTICLE: How much did Illinois colleges make in 2014?
- Illinois' college completion rate is higher than the U.S. average-in almost every category
- Top 10 Illinois colleges whose graduates have the highest earning potential
- How much do Illinois college presidents make?
- Here are the most diverse colleges in Illinois
- Want to tell your elected officials what you think of the state of government in Illinois? Use our Sound Off tool.