Thanks to all of you for playing along with my silly photo caption posts. (I'm sorry if some of you didn't realize I was just goofing around.) Here are my favorites of the hundreds of clever captions you proposed:
I shot this killing time with a fine sunset on the south coast of Greece. I liked these clever captions:
- Best OB/GYN visit ever.
- I started my juggling class, but got hungry instead.
- Who needs Viagra?
This sign on a coffee machine at breakfast in Antibes caught my eye. While it means "out of service," I like your captions much better:
- Blonde, brunette, or redhead?
- The service of our hors will have you screaming for merci.
- Fingering it here should make it work.
- Either this means "out of service," or we're in for a real treat.
This painting of the French war hero Massena in Nice came with a remarkable moustache, and these captions explain it all:
- Clearly, this fashion trend has yet to come around again.
- I mustache you a question.
- Beard or mustache? Decisions, decisions... Oh, wait! Both!
- Now, son, everything my beard points to is our land.
- Nigel was disappointed to only win third place in the Portland Mr. Hipster Pageant.
- And that was the end of the royal bloodline.
Friends back in my hometown of Edmonds, Washington, asked me to help celebrate our town's 125th birthday with a sign. So here, at Pisa's Camposanto Cemetery, I let my fingers do the talking: 125. But I like these captions better:
- Look Mom, I can count!
- Tour guide gang sign.
- How does a bad left-handed carpenter order ten beers?
- This explains everything you need to know about the metric system in Europe.
- A quick satanic blessing...and...action!
This is simply my toiletry kit with my late-night snacks, but these captions work great:
- Every good traveler knows: Keep your oranges clean and well-shaven.
- My expense account isn't what it used to be.
- Items confiscated by Italian airport security.
- What? Oranges and no deodorant? What was I thinking?
- Sometimes, even for seasoned travelers, the language barrier presents insurmountable room service hurdles.
This advertising poster behind bars caught my eye in Santa Margherita Ligure. And your captions make it fun:
- Here, on a tiny alley in Venice, we see a shrine for the patron saint of ugly swimsuits.
- European prisons take a progressive approach: Prisoners don't do time, they do yoga and water aerobics.
- What happens when the fashion police actually catch you.
- Just press the button on the Hors Service box to get in...
I was surprised how many knew this restaurant in Avignon (and really liked it). I just shot the photo because the sign struck me as goofy (since I don't speak French). With a name like "The Gout of the Day," I figured, "It's no wonder the tables were empty." Here are your captions:
- I'll have the Gout du Jour, with a side of acid reflux
- Le Gout du Jour, a place to stop and put your feet up, with hopes that pain in the toe will go away.
- Le Gout today, Le Gone tomorrow.
- So gout it hurts!
- Gout to get you into my life.
These statues in Nice seemed to make a fun pair. Thanks for the explanations:
- Where's that smell coming from?
- Oh, to relax under a full moon and watch the sky.
- My pigtails are up here.
- Emboldened by her new shampoo and conditioner, Annabel visits a nude beach in Europe...but cannot stomach all the views.
- Moon Over My Mammaries