Positive affirmation can have significant effects on cognitive modification and the way people view themselves and their surroundings. In my experience with clients, people report of it creating a feeling of trust and healthy faith, which are vital elements with helping them manifest their true desires. You can reprogram your brain, which can affect how you feel and function. If you think of your life right now, there is something that you desire. A true desire comes from your heart (through your feelings) and then can go through your mind to see if it is in congruent with your essence and your life's circumstances. If you have too many fears blocking your heart and too many irrational thoughts that feeds into that fear, you need tools to release and balance these. This way you can evaluate your situation and your position in it to make what modification you wish in order to achieve what you want.
Positive self-affirmation can be used for achieving self-actualization. Self-actualization is the highest level of self growth where one reaches his actual self. It is a place of authenticity all humans can reach; it is when one acts in congruence with his true self, a real person who is authentic and does not limit himself to self-imposed images. In addition, it is where the person becomes his most well-functioning and healthiest self.
Here are some affirmations you can practice daily to program your mind for setting goals toward becoming self-actualized. You can print it and put it somewhere where you can see it daily and use it to help you refocus every time you feel detached from your center. When doing this you can imagine yourself connecting to your higher self, or if you are spiritual, you can imagine your spirit guide. For example, for me Archangel Michael is what I always pray and meditate to. I have had a special connection to his essence because of the fact that he is mentioned in all major religions one way or another -- I am attracted to that unity. You can find what works and resonates with your heart and connect to that. Calm your mind and send loving thought to that which you connect to and then repeat:
1. Please help me attain wisdom and knowledge. I want to learn something valuable every day.
2. Please help me make positive changes that are in harmony with spiritual laws and order.
3. Please help me obtain a self-actualized awareness.
4. Please help me be self-actualized -- I want it, I crave it, I aim for it, and it will be.
5. Please help me be filled with positive energy.
6. Please help me be who I really am, my real self, not the fear and the uncertainty that are being conditioned upon me.
7. Please help me release any blame and take responsibility for my actions, my feelings, and my life.
8. Please help me let go of limitations that block my self-growth.
9. Please help me be open, tolerant, and truthful.
10. Please help me be compassionate and have unconditional acceptance.
11. Please help me change what I can and accept what I cannot; give me the awareness to know the difference, and give me recognition.
12. Please help me let go of resistance to what is supposed to be.
13. Please help me rise above judgment.
14. Please help me rise above expectations and attachments and move toward gratitude and natural connections.
15. Please help me not to manipulate or control others intentionally, unintentionally, consciously and unconsciously.
16. Please help me seek my true self and feel secure in my spirituality.
17. Please help me walk through life facing challenges and adversity with detachment without allowing them to affect me negatively.
18. Please help me respond to life with loving detachment so that I can accept what I cannot change.
19. Please help me accept what is meant to be and respond to challenges with detachment rather than reacting impulsively to situations.
20. Please help me be independent and strong.
21. Please help me attract happy experiences to my life and help me create the life I desire to live.
22. Please help me have a calm mind and a pure heart.
23. Please help me not to resist what is meant to be so I won't suffer anymore.
24. Please help me be wise and help me make the right choices so I won't harm my heart, my mind, and my body and help me not to do the same to others.
Roya R. Rad, MA, PsyD
For more by Roya R. Rad, MA, PsyD, click here.
For more on the spirit, click here.