March Madness comes but once a year, but a home with a basketball court provides hoops action all year long. We combed through our thousands of real estate listings from New York to Los Angeles and Miami to Portland to uncover the coolest courts on the market. We narrowed that list to a sweet 16, but we'll leave it up to you decide which one is the champion.
1. Scottsdale, AZ -- $24,500,000. View the rest of the home here.
The benchwarmers can do a little rock climbing instead of riding the pine.
2. Moorestown, NJ -- $5,900,000. View the rest of the home here.The barn doors open up in case you want to challenge the cows to a game of three on three.
3. Naples, FL -- $8,485,000. View the rest of the home here.Turn those overhead lights into disco balls and you got yourself a '70s-themed throwback game or a school dance.
4. Blue Bell, PA -- $4,199,000. View the rest of the home here.
5. Old Westbury, NY--$10,750,000. View the rest of the home here.
6. Dallas, TX -- $29,995,000. View the rest of the home here.Lift weights, watch the news, and practice free throw -- all in the same room.
7. Beverly Hills, CA -- $12,995,000. View the rest of Mark Wahlberg's home here.
The court may be in Beverly Hills, but it belongs to Mark Wahlberg so you know it has to have a Celtics logo at midcourt.
8. Hewlett Neck, NY -- $5,400,000. View the rest of the home here.When playing tackle basketball, it's nice to have padded walls.
9. Paradise Valley, AZ -- $15,000,000.View the rest of the home here.Play full court during a stunning desert sunset.
10. Chappaqua, NY--$24,750,000. View the rest of the home here.This court provides the necessary ambiance when reenacting the final scene of Hoosiers.
11. Miami, FL -- $11,900,000. View the rest of the home here.
Don't worry, this house isn't so modern that it has square rims on the basketball hoops.
12. Barrington, IL -- $1,175,000. View the rest of the home here.
Cover those windows up and nobody would even know if you strictly used the court to play wall ball and four square.
13. Andover, MA -- $5,499,000. View the rest of the home here.
14. Argyle, TX -- $2,900,000. View the rest of the home here.Try and concentrate on your freethrows with ninjas scaling the walls.
15. La Jolla, CA -- $3,795,000. View the rest of the home here.A basketball court shaded by gently swaying palms. So relaxing you'll want to fill your Gatorade bottle with piña colada.
16. Potomac, MD -- $4,990,000. View the rest of the home here.
The game gets a lot more complicated when you add another basket to the mix.
But before putting up that basketball hoop in your home, check out these 13 houses to see the ultimate in-home athletic fields and sport courts from around the country.
The best way to keep kids from playing tackle football in the living room is to just build a real football field in the front yard.
The owner of this Los Angeles, California home can practice his/her Serena Williams-like serves and shrieks on this clay court, just like at the French Open.
This Danville, California home provides the opportunity to practice free throws while painfully reminding you that you didn't get into Stanford.
Inside this $1.5M Atlanta, Georgia home you can run in the house, kick balls and even hockey-check opponents into the walls.
When you tire of toiling in the vineyard you can relax and work on your short game at this La Canada Flintridge, California home.
Games of H-O-R-S-E take longer since everyone insists on shooting from the second story deck of this Chicago, Illinois home.
The two-lane basement bowling ally in this Longwood, Florida home is perfect for the Florida Gator fan who prefers a bowling experience devoid of rival Florida State University fans.
Whether you're preparing for the grass courts of Wimbledon or simply want a multi-purpose court that allows for grazing sheep, this $10M Arrowhead, California home provides both.
If the weather outside is frightful, the basement practice course in this Atlanta, Georgia home is quite delightful... until the ricochet.
Yeah, you're open, but that doesn't mean Kobe Bryant's going to pass it to you.
If you owned this Hermosa Beach, California home you could already be a gymnast-in-training for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
The cathedral-like basketball court in this Woodway, Washington home is definitely an upgrade over an ordinary NERF hoop.
No surrounding cornfield, but this backyard baseball diamond is a real life "Field of Dreams" on this Woodway, Washington estate.
Do you have a home story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)
Follow Ryan Nickum on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ryan_estately