We all come in different shapes and sizes. Some of us are tall. Some of us are short. Some of us are D cups. Some of us are A cups. And, of course, some of us have small thighs... and some of us have big thighs.
Maybe you got your thighs from years of dance and other activities in which you constantly were doing exercises to make your legs stronger... or maybe you were born with it. Whatever the case, you've got thighs.
Here are 10 struggles every lady with strong thighs probably understands:
1. Your pants always fall down so by default, you hate pants. You need to buy a size that fits your thighs, which means the pants will be way too big everywhere else, and you'll end up pulling them up alllll day long. Not even a belt can save you.
2. Rompers? Nahhhh. Those are obviously just for tall people with lanky legs.
3. Wearing shorts. Just the act of wearing shorts in general is terrifying to you. In order to find shorts that actually fit around your thighs without cutting off your circulation, you have to go up a size, which is just not OK. Same goes for spandex shorts... or soffee shorts. Soffee shorts were OK, though, because they left room for your thighs to breathe as long as, again, you went a size up. Thank god for the invention of high-waisted yoga pants.
4. Chafing. A thigh gap was never in the cards for you, so your thighs touch each other when in shorts or a dress... and they chafe. They chafe so bad. Just thinking about the rash that will appear on your inner thighs when summer rolls around makes you cringe. Help.
5. Running. Due to chafing and the constant slapping of your thighs against one another, running can get real annoying, real fast.
6. You often find yourself comparing your thighs to thighs of the opposite sex. And when a guy has smaller thighs than you (which is pretty standard), you immediately want to curl up in a ball.
7. Bikinis. Even if the rest of your body is tiny and fit, exposing your bare thighs to the world is still your nightmare. And finding the perfect bottoms? It's not easy. It's actually the worst.
8. The "Hot Dogs or Legs" Game. Your thighs will never look like hot dogs, no matter what Instagram filter you use. Turkey sausage, on the other hand...
Look at it this way, most would prefer turkey sausage over hot dogs nowadays, right?
9. Crossing your legs. The bigger the thighs, the harder it is to cross your legs. This is the ultimate big thigh struggle. Even if you CAN cross your legs, chances are it's not comfortable. The real struggle: When you want to cross your legs, but there is a surface (for example, a table) stopping you from doing so because you need to lift your leg higher than that surface. Also, deciding what to do with your legs at a job interview. Or any time you're wearing a dress. The struggle is real, people.
10. Waiting for thighs to have their moment. Big butts had a moment. Big boobs had a moment. Even big arms had a moment (or are having a moment). What about big thighs?! When are they going to have a moment? Let's start a motion!
No matter your size, you should embrace your body and flaunt when you got. And if what you got is thighs, then you should be proud to flaunt them. After all, thick thighs are strong thighs, and strong IS the new skinny.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more