There's nothing like the feeling I get at the end of a long run (or even a short, fast one!). Because running is my drug, I pack my playlists with songs that evoke similar feelings of awesomeness. Sometimes that means catchy dance songs or songs with a powerful beat. Other times it's because a lyric seems to speak particularly about running, or about how empowering it is to push my body to its limits. Sometimes, it's just because a song makes me laugh.
I call this my "Girl Power" playlist, not because it's full of feminist lyrics, female artists or Spice Girls songs, but because it gets me through the workouts that make me the proudest to be -- and run like -- a girl.
- Crazy Beautiful Life -- Keha
- My Chick Bad -- Ludacris ft. Nicki Minaj
- Lions! -- LIGHTS
- Brooklyn Girls -- Charles Hamilton
- The One To Glow -- s/he
- Shut Up And Let Me Go -- The Ting Tings
- I Don't Wanna Care Right Now -- Lupe Fiasco ft. MDMA
- She Wants To Move -- N.E.R.D.
- Push It -- Salt-n-Pepa
- Bonafied Lovin -- Chromeo
- End Of Time -- Beyonce
- Grab On -- Claire Hux
- Triple Double -- Girl Talk
- Only Girl (In The World) -- Rihanna
- Turn Me On -- David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj
- Run The World (Girls) -- Beyonce
For more music, check out the rest of the HuffPost Workouts series here.
Follow Sarah Klein on Twitter: www.twitter.com/sarklei