We know self-care is important.
We've all heard "you need to put on your own oxygen mask first!"
But self-care often gets pushed to the bottom of our priority list, if it even makes it on there in the first place.
Part of the problem is that when people think of self-care, they often think of things like massages. Which are awesome. But they are also expensive, and time-consuming.
Self-care can be short and sweet, simple and cheap.
Get started with this list of 30 ways to nurture yourself, even if you're short on time and money:
1. Snuggle up under a warm fuzzy blanket and just sit. Daydream. Wonder. Think.
2. Read a good book.
3. Savor a warm cup of your favorite tea or coffee.
4. Do some gentle yoga. Check out this list of poses you can do without leaving your bed!
5. Take a short nap.
6. Sit outside for a few moments and watch the clouds, the neighborhood, the birds...
7. Give yourself a gentle hand massage with a scented lotion.
8. Put on your favorite music and dance. or sing. or both.
9. Bake something that smells and tastes yummy.
10. Go to bed early.
12. Light a scented candle and just sit for a few minutes.
13. Take a bath with foamy scented bubble bath, or oils, or epsom salts. Or take a long hot shower.
14. Write in a journal.
15. Organize a drawer or closet in your house that's been driving you crazy.
16. Do something crafty -- draw, paint, make jewelry, color...
17. Work in your garden.
18. Read poetry.
19. Take a short walk around the block.
20. Play with your pets. Or nap with your pets. Or pet your pets.
21. Savor a yummy piece of dark chocolate.
22. Wake up when your house is quiet and watch the sunrise.
23. Do a jigsaw puzzle or a crossword puzzle.
24. Take five deep, calming breaths.
25. Drink a glass of water with lemon, lime, or cucumber in it. Pretend you're at a spa.
26. Linger in bed for a few moments after your alarm goes off. Think of five things you're thankful for.
27. Pop some popcorn and watch a favorite movie or TV show.
28. Make a vision board. Dream big!
29. Look through an old photo album or journal.
30. Make a list of five things you're thankful for and five things you like about yourself.
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more