- No one can accuse the Buffalo Bills of peaking too soon.
- The NFL has banned Jared Allen's post-sack calf-roping routine because his knee touches the ground while he performs it. That's like banning handguns because they make too much noise when they're used to kill people.
- Calling a timeout to ice a kicker before a potential game-winning 59-yard field goal attempt on the last play of the game never works.
- The ball may have crossed the goal line on Maurice Jones-Drew's touchdown run, but his helmet certainly didn't.
- Hamstring injuries are contagious.
- If this football thing doesn't work out for Taylor Mays, he has a bright future as a ballet dancer.
- Arian Foster will no longer be required to attend the Texans' team meetings.
- LaDainian Tomlinson has apparently stopped working out with Kimbo Slice.
- If Southwest Airlines needs someone for their next "Wanna Get Away?" commercial, Ahmad Bradshaw, Nate Clement, and Marc Mariani will all volunteer.
- Flipping off a ref if you're an NFL assistant coach: $40,000. Flipping off fans at an MMA event if you're an NFL head coach: $50,000. Flipping off opposing team's fans when the NFL team you own has just won a game: $250,000. Phone call from Roger Goodell: priceless.
SUBSCRIBE TO & FOLLOW THE MORNING EMAIL
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most. Learn more