People come and go in our lives, but there are those archetypal individuals who we've all met over the years. Here are 15 that most everyone has likely known.
- The Childhood Friend You Idolized: She had more Barbies, a cute, turned up nose and couldn't care less about spending time with you. She broke your heart over and over.
- The First Boy You Kissed: You remember, all these years later. You'll never forget, will you?
- The High School Friend Who Made You Feel Cool: Whatever your thing -- sports, academics, hanging out in the parking lot -- there was that person who made you feel part of the group.
- The First College Roommate: As intimate as it gets, but not necessarily a friend.
- The College Boyfriend: When all you had to worry about were studying, partying and sex. It was never more fun than that.
- The One That Got Away: The romance that was doomed.
- The First Job Informant: No, not the person who taught you how to do your job. The one who told you who to get to know, who to avoid, and where to get a decent salad for lunch.
- The New Mom: You were a new mom too. You talked about nothing but your kids. Maybe your husbands a little bit.
- The Perfect Mom: She made you feel like you didn't have a clue. Until you realized you were a great mom too.
- The Grown-up BFF: A gift, a gem, something to thank the relationship Gods for every day. She's the one you know you can count on. Don't let this one go.
- The Protégé: She found you, you helped her. You saw a spark of something -- something that reminded you of yourself.
- The Wise Woman: She's been there, done that. She calls it like she sees it.
- The Friend You Lost and You Don't Know Why: Friendships come and go, but sometimes people exit our lives for no apparent reason.
- The Therapist: Enough said.
- The Major Bitch: She's just like the girl you idolized in grade school, only all grown up with botox and money. The difference is, now you don't care.
7 Ways To Make Friends Post 50