The world of dating is filled with subtlety -- too much subtlety for most of us. Hand gestures, body language, and different words and phrases can carry hidden meanings, which could mean that your date is totally into you or that they're bored to death. Learning to read all these signs can be tough, so instead of trying to read certain signs, why not send some of your own instead?
If you're particularly interested in a potential partner, send them positive signals with one of these signs:
1. Smile. A smile says a lot about you, and it's such a simple gesture. It communicates positivity and happiness, which will give your partner good vibes. Smile as often as you can without overly forcing it.
2. Make eye contact. Don't hold your eye contact so long that it's creepy, but do make eye contact whenever the other person is speaking to you. It shows you're paying attention and helps build an initial bond.
3. Give compliments. The more specific your compliments are, the better. Instead of saying "you look nice," comment on specific articles of clothing, or the cute idiosyncrasies of his/her behavior.
4. Use physical touch. A simple touch can convey a sense of intimacy without being invasive. A light touch on the shoulder or the hand during a moment of conversation can send great vibes to the other person.
5. Ask lots of questions. People love to talk about themselves. Asking your partner lots of questions keeps the conversation going and shows how interested you are in him/her.
Even if your partner isn't especially attuned to body language or subtle signals, these gestures should let him/her know you're interested. Of course, you could always forgo the subtle route and just tell him/her how you feel, but where's the fun in that?