“That's exactly what he is doing and was explaining to those who has ears; however, I can understand the limitation of some folks as they must clean the wax of off their ears so they can understand what he is saying.”
“I never thought I would see this day but again after the phony outrage over ACA, anything is possible.
KUDOS to all the DEMS who help make this happen.”
dancinggrandma on Nov 21, 2013 at 16:32:23
“What I find incredulous is how the GOP's tying this long overdue action is in any way tied to the ACA. The GOP is humiliated and have to blame it on the law that they're relentlessly trying to sabotage rather than on their own abuse of the filibuster. These miscreants will NEVER accept responsibility for ANYTHING.”
“About time...now let's change the rule on how many Senate representatives a State should have because, it is outrageous to see a State like ID or ND with 1/10 of the population of CA or NY to have two Senators. Two Senators a State is a flawed system to represent the entire country by a minority and idiologically challenged and must be changed.”
Bike Commuter on Nov 21, 2013 at 19:29:39
“The Senate was intentionally designed to give smaller states equal representation. It was intended so that the bigger states would not so completely control the government. Without that assurance, many of the smaller states would not have voted to join the union.
mltmama on Nov 21, 2013 at 19:24:07
WorldPresident on Nov 21, 2013 at 15:24:10
“No that would be turning the senate into the house of representatives”
Wilely Fox on Nov 21, 2013 at 15:12:12
“It is effectively impossible to change the rule on how many Senate representatives a State should have because even normal Constitutional Amendment procedures do not apply. You basically need 100% of the states to ratify the amendment. Not going to happen.”
I have been waiting for this the last 5 years and it has finally arrived. The Obstructionism of the GOP has proved itself and unless such rule is re-written as many should (like CA, NY should have more Senate representatives than ID or ND), Obama Nominees would never ever see the light of day in court.
Finally Dems actually have grown a pair. Way to go and kudos to Mr. Reid.”
“Dems, stand your ground. What you are doing will:
1) Prevents denial of coverage to children with pre-existing conditions.
2) Allow Adults up to age 26 can stay on their parents’ health plans.
3) Requires new health plans to provide free preventive care without cost-sharing such as co-pays or deductibles. HHS issued interim final regulations on preventive services and amendment to the final regulations.
4) Prohibits rescinding coverage making it illegal.
5) Prohibits lifetime limits on the dollar value of insurance coverage.
6) Prohibits annual limits on insurance coverage.
7) More options to appeal coverage decisions.
8) Provides $5 billion in immediate federal support to affordable Coverage for the Uninsured with Pre-existing Conditions.
9) Provides a $10 billion investment in Community Health Centers to expand medical services.
10) Creates immediate access to re-insurance for employer health plans providing coverage for early retirees over age 55 who are not eligible for Medicare.
11) Implemented a process that requires states to review insurance companies premium increases. The final rule for the insurance rate review program was published in the Federal Register on May 19, 2011.
12) Provided grants worth almost $250 million ($46 million and $199 million) to assist States enforce the insurance rate review program.
Only cowards who are self centered who want to stay rotten in congress will bail out on a deal that will make many Americans Healthy.”
Gradivus1 on Nov 17, 2013 at 03:20:25
“That's right! No one can be denied coverage now, unless you're Secretary Sibelius denying a child her life-saving organ transplant.”
George Schmitt on Nov 17, 2013 at 02:26:55
“Thanks for the home work, I hope many people will be reading the list of good things the bill does. You can't repeal this law without the signature of the sitting president, either Obama or Hillary.”
ScottiesRule on Nov 17, 2013 at 02:23:45
“I'm sold. The fact that costs will go up and the overall quality of health care services will go down is a small price to pay for all those cool things you listed. And it's not like we can't afford to spend an extra couple of trillion $ over the next 10 years or so. I'm sure the Chinese will cover us.”
“I was one of those people and gladly would vote for her in a minute for my second choice in the 2008 election. If there are any democrat or independent that is willing to go the teaparty route and Cruz is leading the way, everyone and their mothers will vote for her and Hillary will prevail.”
“So many lies are being told about so and so by a book that has nothing but sleazy tabloid type of gossip by unsubstantiated sources written as if it is fact and many mindless people here in this blog and others are just eating it up because they just can't seem to get their heads our of their you know what. The attention span of some Democrats are worse than an infant.”
Sean Gilday on Nov 4, 2013 at 07:29:42
“Quite possible it is false, However Democrats have trumpeted "Obama GOT Osama" like he personally shot him since that night, even right here. it was part of the whole 2012 campaign schmear”
“Another claim of untruthful trash told by reporters/authors...
Here is another example...
This from another story that Huntsman was reported on a BOOK as a source who told Reid about Mitt Romney's non payment of taxes for 10 years...
Huntsman setting the record straight...
"It’s so ridiculous that people associate my name with Mitt Romney’s tax returns, like I would have interest in it or know about it," Huntsman told The Salt Lake Tribune. "These fellows who wrote this book, they dwell on falsehoods and false rumors. They’re nothing but supermarket, tabloid trash. They ought to be ashamed of themselves."