“"Ahmed Abu Khattala, who was captured by U.S. forces on Sunday, told people the move against the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya was intended as revenge for an American-made online video that was seen as an attack to Islam."
“"Although Taurine naturally occurs only in animal tissue, synthetic Taurine has been produced on a large scale since about 1930. In fact, many meat-based pet foods utilize synthetic Taurine to meet nutritional requirements as well (most naturally-occurring Taurine is washed away during the rendering process)!"”
“I didn't say one article makes anything fact. It's just some evidence to the contrary of what you were asserting. At least I'm saying "wow" a lot and thinking it's a convincing argument, or offering false sympathy in a patronizing way.”
“Yes I believe regulations can have both positive and negative effects. If you have a counter argument, feel free to use evidence to back it up. Obviously I have a different opinion than you on this as do many others as you probably also know. Not sure why you're so surprised to hear that your opinions aren't universally shared.”
“If this pushes natural gas production further, I'm not sure it's such a great idea. Especially since frackers can't seem figure how not to poison the land to extract the gas. Hopefully more states will go after green energy sources.”
“If the ACA can move everyone away from the prison of employer based health care, we might be able to transition to a non-profit health care system. Good luck getting the parasitic corporate insurers to give up their exploitative ways.”
“We minivan owners see minivans as useful devices for transporting multiple children and objects at once. That you think they're somehow funny reinforces the fact that you know nothing about vans and value style over function. Probably that's why you value weapons over people, as someone owning a gun is more likely to shoot themselves than a "bad guy," as less than 3% of all firearm fatalities are self-defense actions.”
Michael Steaphens on May 30, 2014 at 13:51:17
“Minivans are indeed useful for what you've posted.But I'm old enough to remember,and prefer the superior product-the station wagen!
"That you think they're somehow funny reinforces the fact that you know nothing about vans and value style over function."
Not true.I just think they're major dorky.
"Probably that's why you value weapons over people..."
Again,not true.Since I value people close to me(friends and family),I value my weapons as a means to defend them if needed.
"...as someone owning a gun is more likely to shoot themselves than a "bad guy," as less than 3% of all firearm fatalities are self-defense actions."
Don't know where you got your numbers from,but I've found that gun accidents have been dropping.And according to some law enforcement sources(and even non LEA),self defense happens at a rate greater than 3%.
Don't put too much faith into those Brady or VPC stats.”
“Bank: Pay your bills
Business Owner: I can't, I fired all my employees and went out of business
Bank: Get A Job You Bum
Former Business Owner: Please Employee Me
New Business Owner: You're hired at $15 an hour.
Former Business Owner: I should have stayed in business and paid my employees better. If only I'd known how good I had it. At least I make a living wage now.”
“If there's one thing criminals don't fear it's guns. Less than 3% of all firearm fatalities are justifiable shootings and those include police actions. The other 97% are suicides and homicides. Pretty much if you're going to die by a gun you don't deserve it.”
“If gun enthusiasts would simply embrace strong regulations for owning guns there wouldn't be a problem. Instead it's a constant battle from the NRA to eliminate all regulations and expand guns into every nook and cranny of our lives. Makes no sense.”
Michael Steaphens on May 29, 2014 at 11:39:41
“I have not seen the NRA try to eliminate all gun regulations.They do fight against restrictive laws that do nothing to stop gun crime and only burden law abiding gun owners.
Look at the proposed laws.Who are they aimed at?Is it the criminal who misuses a gun in a crime,or the law abiding citizen who hasn't broken any laws?”
Also I have a yoga mat (not used enough), no cats (had a few dogs), and a Sienna (not a Prius).”
Michael Steaphens on May 29, 2014 at 11:52:42
“We gun owners see a gun as a potentially deadly object that can either be misused in crime,or used in legitimate self defense,sport and hunting.When types like you see it as a "security blanket",you only reinforce the fact among gun owners of how ignorant your side is about guns.
Nice minivan.Got any of those soccer mom stickers on it?LOL!”
“Less than 3% of all gun death are justifiable self-defense actions and those include police shootings. The rest are suicide or homicide. When people die from guns it's the depressed or innocent doing the guying, not "bad guys" like the NRA would like us to believe.”