I spend a fair amount of my time looking up recipes, reading cookbooks and testing out my own creations. The other day I saw this bomb fruity pebble ice cream sandwich on the Coolhaus Instagram and immediately had to recreate it for myself.
That got me thinking: what other amazing ice cream sandwich combinations are out there just waiting to be made and tasted? Here's a roundup of my five favorite new ice cream sandwiches. I highly recommend the strawberry shortcake one.
Brownie + Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 2 minutes
Servings: 6 sandwiches
1 pint chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
1. Using a 1 inch circle, cut brownies into small circles.
2. Sandwich cookie dough ice cream between two brownies.
Fruity Pebbles + Rice Krispie Ice Cream
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
Servings: 4 sandwiches
4 cups Fruity Pebbles
3 cups mini marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
1 pint Rice Krispie Treat ice cream
1. Melt down marshmallows with butter until smooth.
2. Combine with fruity pebbles. Pour out onto parchment paper and press flat. Chill for 15 minutes.
3. Using a 2 inch circle, cut 8 circles out of set Fruity Pebble treats.
4. Sandwich Rice Krispie Treat ice cream between two Fruity Pebble rounds.
For more, like Spoon University on Facebook.