Front Page Photo: Flickr, brenbot
1. Go through your refrigerator, freezer, pantry, kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, shower, laundry room, etc., and make a list of all the foods and products that you and your family use regularly.
2. Group them by categories so that you can shop efficiently, aisle by aisle, without having to repeatedly look up and down your entire shopping list. Possible categories are: fresh fruits and vegetables, frozen foods, dairy items, snacks, paper goods, cleaning supplies, and beauty supplies. Add a few blank lines in each category for special-occasion items.
3. Type the list on a computer and save it. Print out multiple copies and keep them in a file in or near the kitchen.
4. Keep one copy of the list on the refrigerator so that when you run low on something, you can check it off. When you are ready to go shopping, your list will already be made for you.
5. Remember to bring the list!
Find more cleaning tips in What's A Disorganized Person To Do?