Just a look at the front page of cnnmoney today is enough to give even the strong of stomach the extreme willies. Next to a headline that says, "Wall Street Braces for Ugly Day," and video featuring a scary dude warning about the dangers of inflation, is a deck of headlines. At this writing, here they are...
* Income, spending higher than expected
* Mortgage mess socks ex-Goldman stars
* MBIA says more writedowns ahead
* Wilbur Ross bets on bond insurer Assured
* Dollar sinks further/Oil hits $103
* The 10 best cars - Consumer Reports
* Toyota's unknown business partners
* Banks could see $600B hit from credit crunch
* 3 steps for living well in retirement
* How Sony won the high-def DVD war
* Don't panic: That IRS letter is good news
* Furniture company - or hedge fund?
Aside from the interesting tease that a letter from the IRS is good news, there's not a lot to feel good about here, unless you're Sony (SNE) and right now popping champagne corks over its victory in the high-def DVD wars.