Weddings need not be all black and white. In fact, given the jovial nature of the day, color should be a welcomed addition, and we're not just talking about bouquets and bridesmaids' dresses either. When it comes to bridal beauty, color can be a controversial subject. Many individuals suggest "playing it safe" or "keeping it timeless" with only neutral colors. However, for the more adventurous bride (and also the traditional one) there are many beauty secrets to using color in a creative way, while still keeping things classy.
1. Walk the line (or aisle) with a subtle pop of color. One great way to add an exciting hint of color to an otherwise traditional look is lining your waterline with a fun colored eyeliner. This is a great way to tie your look into your wedding color palette! Whether it is lime green, teal, or purple, color-lined bottom lids bring an unexpected hint of color that will have everyone doing a double take.
2. Peek-a-boo blue lashes. If you thought colored mascara was gone with the 90s, look again and look closer. One eye-catching celebrity secret is a top coat of blue mascara. While fully colored lashes may be too wild of a commitment for most brides, adding a final swipe of true blue mascara atop of black mascara adds dimension and brightness to eyes. Plus, it looks absolutely stunning when the light hits your lashes.
3. Get with 2013 and go green. With green and emerald colors sweeping fashion trends this year, why not try a modern twist on an old classic? Try a graphic cat eye in a sultry green shade. Look for a gel liner with a deep green pigment for an understated effect that'll leave a lasting impression.
4. Colorful smoky eyes. Smoky eyes have always been a bridal favorite, giving brides a sexy, mysterious look grooms can't resist (not that they'll have to). However, for a bright and ethereal take on this traditional look try swapping out the black for violets, bronzes, or blues. Look for a multifaceted pure pigment eye shadow that allows you to customize the depth of your look so you won't have to worry about spending your budget on multiple products.
5. Glisten with jeweled accents. Taking a hint from eastern beauties and celebs like Miley Cyrus, Katie Perry, and Madonna, give your bridal look a spark with colorful jeweled accents. Whether opting for a subtle sparkle at the corners of your eyes or going all out with a traditional bridal bindi piece in emerald, blue, or red, precisely placed gems add the perfect amount of exotic glamour to make brides feel distinct, regal, and undeniably magnetic on their big days.
See colorful makeup examples below.
Sumita Batra is an internationally renowned celebrity stylist, author and CEO of the brow threading empire Ziba Beauty. As the recognized expert in The Art of Threading® and The Art of Mehndi®, Sumita's vision and passion to modernize ancient eastern beauty has positioned Ziba Beauty as the clear leader in brow and body artistry.