iOS app Android app

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Turkey's Erdogan Prepares for Another Showdown After Mine Accident

James Stafford | Posted 07.20.2014 | World
James Stafford

The mining accident has already reinvigorated the corruption scandal and the investigations that had been largely quashed by Erdogan in the run-up to 30 March local elections, in which the AKP won an unexpectedly significant victory.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills 1 At New York Mall

AP | Posted 02.23.2014 | New York

HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y. (AP) — A hospital spokeswoman says a man has died after being overcome by carbon monoxide at a New York mall. Huntington H...

A Carbon Monoxide Detector Saved Our Lives

Jennifer Flaa | Posted 03.30.2014 | Healthy Living
Jennifer Flaa

Our air filter's light turns red and runs on high, which is very unusual, thus prompting us to glance at the carbon monoxide detector in the hallway. It's reading numbers that are climbing quickly with each second.

Fright Night: 5 Hidden Home Hazards for Older Adults

Rachel Adelson | Posted 01.23.2014 | Fifty
Rachel Adelson

This Halloween, don't be tricked by things that go "boo" around the house. Falls and fires make up the lion's share of fatal and non-fatal household injuries for older people... but a surprising number of "hidden hazards" can send them to the hospital or worse.

Mallika Rao

Death By 'Mudding'

HuffingtonPost.com | Mallika Rao | Posted 11.30.2013 | Celebrity

It’s now clear that MTV star Shain Gandee died of carbon monoxide poisoning while “mudding," or off-roading through mud, in his 1984 Ford Bronco. ...

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Killed Reality Star -- Why Is It So Dangerous?

Posted 04.02.2013 | Healthy Living

"Buckwild" star Shain Gandee, 21, died from carbon monoxide poisoning from toxic exhaust fumes, according to news reports. People magazine reported...

2 Dead After Suspected Carbon Monoxide Leak

Posted 01.28.2013 | Chicago

A family in Rogers Park on Chicago's North Side is coping with the loss of two members after a woman and her 18-year-old granddaughter died from what ...

When It Comes To Carbon Monoxide, Let's Act Now

Kate Carr | Posted 02.05.2013 | Parents
Kate Carr

This week, 49 children and staff from an elementary school in Georgia were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. This near-tragedy has many parents, including me, wondering, "Is this something that can happen at my child's school?"

Generators To Blame For Several Post-Sandy Deaths

The Huffington Post | Sara Gates | Posted 11.02.2012 | Healthy Living

As many struggle to get by without power on the East Coast following Hurricane Sandy, some are turning to portable generators to provide basic electri...

Power Out From Hurricane Sandy? What To Know Before Using Your Portable Generator

Posted 10.29.2012 | Healthy Living

Power outages due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy may affect as many as 10 million people. If your power has gone out and you are using a portable g...

Clay Aiken's Mom: 'My Life Became A Roller Coaster'

Pat Gallagher | Posted 07.12.2012 | Fifty
Pat Gallagher

Not all of us know what it is like to have a celebrity son or daughter, but it's interesting to pick the brain of a mother who has shared the "stage" with a famous offspring. And who better to talk to than Faye Parker, better known as Clay Aiken's mother?

Post50 Winter Health Risks: Don't Let The Cold Kill You!

Posted 12.14.2011 | Fifty

On the heels of 2011's record-breaking summer heat wave that saw oppressive temperatures and stifling humidity grip cities as far-flung as Wichita, Ka...

Judge Finds Probable Cause In Tragic Aspen Family Vacation Deaths

AP | Posted 08.13.2011 | Denver

ASPEN, Colo. -- A district judge in Colorado has decided there is probable cause for felony negligent-homicide charges against a subcontractor and for...

Dozens Sickened By Carbon Monoxide At Hockey Tournament

AP | Posted 05.25.2011 | Denver

GUNNISON, Colo. — A hospital official says 54 people have been treated for varying degrees of carbon monoxide poisoning that occurred at a youth...

Family Suing County Over Carbon Monoxide Deaths

AP | Posted 05.25.2011 | Denver

DENVER — The relatives of a Denver family killed by carbon monoxide has sued a company and Pitkin County building inspectors over their deaths durin...