There's nothing more comforting than a taking a quiz to find out answers to life's necessary questions such as: What Disney Princess Are You, or What Color is your Aura? The quiz-taking process reminds us of the order of school or work, but the entertaining and self-focused questions ease our brains and put a soft smile on our faces. Completion is pure satisfaction. We've finished something in a couple minutes and get to reap the benefits. We find out if we should live in the country or the city, what Sex in the City character we are, or what 80s Movie suits us best.
We usually even know what our answers to the quiz will bring, and often times go back and change them if we didn't like the result. (Come on, I know I'm not the only one here.) We crave the order and structure a quiz gives us. It makes us feel safe, probably stemming back to our early days of task completion and reward (brainwashing) from authority in pre-school. Before that our lives were more free. Our parents were the only people who told us what to do and they probably thought most of what we did was spectacular anyway.
I'm pretty sure most of us are stressed to some degree. It's the nature of life, and it takes a lot of consistent work to calmly handle stresses rather than get pulled down by them. But fear not, even if you know what your result will be I have a happy solution for you either way!
1. Do you ever feel like you're running out of time in the day and you haven't even made a dent in what you set out to do?
2. Do you ever feel like you rush through things just to get to the next, never giving the proper attention to anything?
3. Do you find your stress-to-happiness ratio tipping steeply toward the stressful side?
4. Do you get annoyed with people for no apparent reason?
5. Do you have any nervous ticks? Head scratching, hand itching, face scrunching?
6. Do you feel exhausted when you wake up in the morning?
7. Do you worry about money all the time?
8. Do you need to practice yoga more?
9. Do you yell more than you laugh?
10. Did this quiz stress you out?
Ok. How'd you do? If you answered 8 or more "yes" that's pretty normal. If you answered 8 or more "yes" and you were yelling at someone the whole time you probably need some help. Everyone has stress. It makes a difference how you deal with it.
And now for the remedy! Whenever I'm stressed I try to do both of these and they usually work.
1. Listen to Krishna Das. His voice will move your system out of its current jitters and into all things amazing.
2. Take a nap. There will always be tasks. Better to come at them fresh, even after a 5 or 10 minute nap, than keep working and stressing. Your productivity levels and more importantly your quality of life will improve.
We’re basically your best friend… with better taste. Learn more