This year I was lucky enough (after a little begging and groveling) to attend the 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show at the Lexington Avenue Armory in New York City.
Here are some of the highlights of the evening:
- Actually getting an invite to the show.
- Watching a somewhat star-struck Adam Levine approach a very, very, (Did I say very?) tan designer named Valentino to say hello and pose for pictures with him. I didn't know who he was, but thought anyone with a tan like that has to be important, or Julianne Hough.
- Fake snow, which I'm sure was the only fake thing in the room.
- Taylor Swift's legs (The Union Jack in the form of a dress never looked so good).
- Taylor Swift's everything else (And I'm not just saying that so she won't write a scathing breakup song about me).
- Taylor Swift performing I Knew You Were Trouble with a quick high five to Adam as she left the stage.
- Mini PINK flashlights to better see the models not so mini headlights.
- Michael Strahan.
- Meeting Mr. Valentino who willingly left his seat to pose for pictures with every single person who asked (He stood up and sat down more than a catholic at Christmas mass).
- The Victoria's Secret runway fashion (By that I mean ,Karlie Kloss, Adriana Lima, Lily Aldridge,Taylor Swift, and Cara Delevingne could have been wearing polyester housecoats covered in cat fur + frosting for all anyone cared).
- Fall Out Boy's performance of Know What You Did In The Dark.
- After-party at the new TAO.
- Meeting Basketball legend Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the VIP area at the after-party. (He once fought Bruce Lee in a movie you know?).
- Chatting with the Giraffe sized beauties at the after-party (No, I'm not still talking about Kareem).
- Free booze (Which thankfully didn't turn me into a Fall Down Boy).
Meeting Adam Levine after the show and hearing him say "Can I say no?, I'm tired and need a break" as he was asked to pose for a fan pic. Maybe someone with a bedazzled bra, pouty lips, and hair extensions would've been given a different reaction. Being the 'sexiest man alive', watching hot angels parade on a runway, and posing for fan pictures must be so exhausting.
Standing next to Adam Levine downstairs in the restroom listening to him sing a few bars of a song I didn't know as we relieved ourselves in the urinals before heading out.
Don't worry, If you didn't finagle a front row seat to the show in NYC, you'll probably enjoy it more from the comfort of your own couch when it airs on CBS on December 10th.