Over the weekend, Typhoon Ketsana (known in the country as Ondoy) dumped massive amounts of rain on the Manila metro area in the Philippines. Now local organizations are seeking donations to send to the area, which is still reeling from the flooding and the displacement of hundreds of thousands of families.
Items that are acutely needed are, as follows:
- Medicine (over-the-counter medications like aspirin, Tylenol and other fever reducers)
- Pasteurized milk (no initial refrigeration needed)
- Powdered formula milk for babies
- Food in foil packs like tuna, etc (most flood victims will not have access to can-openers)
- Clothing (adult, children and baby sizes)
The donations will be shipped off Oct. 3 and 15.
For more info, contact Yves Nibungco at 201-621-3156 or Nick Cordero at 917-476-7855.