Roland Burris sounded like a man who had made up his mind when he said last month that he would not seek to retain his Senate seat in 2010.
"I was called to choose between spending my time raising funds, or spending my time raising issues for my state," Burris said at a Chicago press conference announcing his decision to not run for a full term next year. "I believe that the business of the people of the state of Illinois should always come first."
But Illinois' junior Senator, who has been wracked by controversy since accepting former Gov. Blagojevich's appointment to the Senate seat vacated by President Obama, may be reconsidering his plans.
In a "Subway Series" interview with ABC News released Monday, Burris said that he's being urged by "people from all over the country" to consider running.
"What I'm still hearing," Burris told ABC, is "people from all over the country and they are saying, 'Don't give up that seat.'"
Asked if he'll change his mind, Burris replied, "you never say never in this business."