The Duggar family of TLC fame just announced that they are expecting their 19th child. Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar currently have 18 children ranging from 0 to 21 years old and a grandchild on the way, making it pretty clear that their kids intend to follow in their pregnancy footsteps.
The Duggars live in northwest Arkansas and can be seen on TLC's hit
"17 Kids and Counting" "18 Kids and Counting" "19 Kids and Counting." Assuming they make it to 20 kids and stop, and assuming each of their kids have the same amount of children (which are both big 'ifs') how long until those with Duggar blood take over America?
After the next generation of Duggars breeds at this rate, there will be 400 members of the clan (not counting the husbands and wives that married in). The third generation will have 8,000 members, the fourth will have 160,000, and the fifth will have 3.2 million...more than five times the population of Vermont. This would mean...
- One in every hundred people in America would be a Duggar.
- There would be more Duggars than Latvians.
- There would almost be enough Duggars to have one in every square mile of America.
- If all the Duggars earned $30,000 annually, they would collect $96 billion a year before taxes, enough to bailout AIG and have enough left to buy Marvel Comics three times over.
- If all the Duggars were armed there would be more than enough of them to defeat the North Korean and Russian armies combined.
- There would be more Duggars than Muslims in America.
- There would be more Duggars than residents of America's 21 least populous states.
Of course it would take the Duggar family at least 100-200 years to breed this much, and the number of Muslims, Iowans, and Americans will also grow. These statistics require an amazing amount of hypotheticals, they are just meant to give you an idea of how fast a family can expand when they start having kids young and keep going!