Joan Collins of "Dynasty" fame still dazzles for the cameras at age 76...but how does she do it? Collins shared some of her coveted style advice with the Daily Mail UK, explaining, "I've always maintained that there is a very fine line between a daring, sexy older woman and mutton dressed as lamb." Here are some key take-aways:
- Invest in an all-in-one Spanx-type undergarment. This deceptively simple structure is a masterpiece, wrapping around the diaphragm and waist, holding in all those wobbly bits yet showing off your sexy curves.
- Micro-mini skirts are out, as are skirts or trousers that end below the belly button. There is nothing more unsightly than a great wobbly wedge of belly fat falling over your belt line for all the world to mock--it's bad enough on a teenager, but downright frightful on anyone over 40.
- Polo necks in bright or pastel colours make anyone with a bust size of more than 36B resemble a stuffed sausage.
- Hats, which have long been a favourite accessory of mine, are another essential. I'm not talking about the silly Mad Hatter numbers that we laugh at at Ascot, but fedoras, berets, Stetsons or baker-boy caps, which are timeless classics. Just experiment to find the right shape for your face.
- So-called designer bags are useless, and most are also ugly, faddish and overpriced. Pared down and sleek is always best.