The third day of March Madness has come to a close, but not before viewers were treated to one of the bigger upsets the tournament has ever seen. Two double-digit-seeded teams moved to the Sweet 16, and three teams with purple jerseys advanced. Scroll down for a full recap.
- The day got off to an exciting start when 10-seed Saint Mary's, which just won its first tournament game in more than 50 years on Thursday, upset 2-seed Villanova in a game that went down to the wire.
- Butler held off 13-seed Murray State in a 54-52 nail-biter.
- Tennessee shut down Ohio with an 83-68 victory.
- In one of the biggest upsets in the history of March Madness, Northern Iowa stunned heavily favored #1 Kansas.
- Baylor defeated Notre Dame-slaying Old Dominion to move to the Sweet 16.
- 11-seed Washington decimated 3-seed New Mexico in San Jose.
- In one of two late-night games, Kentucky crushed Wake Forest, 90-60.
- Kansas State defeated BYU in Oklahoma City.