The mother of a four-year-old girl claims that a South Side Chicago Chili's served her daughter an alcoholic drink by accident, at least the third such incident in recent weeks.
Tyree Davis took her daughter Brooklynn Morris to the Chili's on the 1700 block of West 119th Street, where she ordered the girl a chocolate milkshake, she told ABC-7.
Instead, Davis says, her daughter received a mudslide, an alcoholic drink containing vodka, Kahlua and Bailey's Irish Cream.
Davis recounts the incident in more detail to CBS:
“Brooklynn said, ‘I don’t like it,’ and she said, ‘You don’t like it? Why? Let me taste it,’” Davis said, “and when I tasted it – alcohol. I knew immediately it was alcohol.”
The server said perhaps the drinks had been swapped.
“That’s when I saw the waitress approaching me with the chocolate shake,” Davis said. “How can you make that mistake? And then the manager said they were sitting on the bar side-by-side, the chocolate shake and the mudslide.”
The girl was taken to the hospital, according to NBC Chicago, where she was diagnosed with alcohol ingestion overdose.
Earlier this month, 15-month-old Dominic Dill-Reese was served alcoholic margarita mix at an Applebee's in Detroit. Just days later, Nikolai VanHeest got a sangria at an Olive Garden in Florida. Nikolai is two years old.
Correction: An earlier version of this story reported that Brooklynn Morris was found to have a blood-alcohol content of .10. That was Dill-Reese's blood-alcohol level, not Morris's.