Ever come home from school, practice, or just a day of hanging out and crave a delicious meal, but don't have a lot of time or money? Don't worry, you don't need to be a first-class chef, and you certainly don't need to bother hitting the takeout menus -- all you need is a baguette, a can of sauce, some mozzarella cheese and a bit of creativity. In 15 minutes, you'll have a delicious, toasty, and filling meal.
PJ’s Easy French Bread Pizza
- 1 baguette
- Around 1 cup tomato sauce, enough to cover the bread
- Sliced mozzarella, to your liking
- 15-20 pieces pepperoni
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Fresh thyme & basil (optional, for garnish)
1) Preheat oven to 350. Cut baguette in half and sliced down the middle sandwich-style to make four long pieces. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
2) Using a spoon, heap a few tablespoons of sauce onto each piece of bread, and smooth over the top with the back of the spoon. Layer each pizza with mozzarella and pepperoni to your liking, and grated parmesan if using.
3) Bake pizzas for 10 minutes, or when cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil and thyme.
More recipes from Total Noms: