Photos: Nanette Lepore Spring 2012 runway look, Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week; Topshop World's End, Mattese Elite Shirley Temple, Orly True Blue Instant Artist and Nanette Lepore Spring 2012-inspired nail art.
After spending the holidays in unseasonably warm Charleston, South Carolina (think T-shirt and shorts wearing temperatures), I'm finding it quite difficult to pile on layers again. However, I can instantly escape to the tropics when I slip off my mittens and flash this neon nail art.
Multack has five simple steps on how to get this look at home:
1. Apply Topshop World's End to the full nail.
2. Starting at the nail bed, paint on four lines of Mattese Elite Shirley Temple equidistant from each other. Leave the bottom portion alone.
3. Using Orly True Blue Instant Artist, brush on the first dark blue stripe within the last two pink rows.
4. Continue painting two more lines ending at the very tip of the nail.
5. Finish the look with a glossy top coat polish.
What do you think about this Nanette Lepore-inspired manicure? Would you sport bold nail polish? The editors at Stylelist love to brighten up our winter style with lacquer. Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.
If you can't get enough of stripes, check out these jockey-influenced digits from Ruffian's Spring 2012 fashion show!
BEAUTY RELATED LINKS YOU LOVE:
2 Easy Steps For Curing Tired, Puffy Eyes - BellaSugar
Boho Nail Art Tutorial From Free People - Refinery29
What Do You Think Of Rihanna's Ringlets? - Glamour
The Sexiest 5-Minute Makeup Looks - Allure
Beauty Rules That Are Okay To Break - DailyMakeover