01/11/2012 06:54 pm ET

Moms Save Referee During High School Soccer Game In Louisiana

Three mothers came to the aid of a soccer referee Tommy Manor after spectators noticed he had collapsed while officiating a game at Vandebilt Catholic High School in Houma, La., the Houma Courier reports.

Parents Rhonda Zeringue and Daria Hebert helped perform CPR, while another mother, Sandee Ellender, offered her help to Manor, who was experiencing heart troubles.

Paramedics eventually administered electric shock on Manor before transporting him to the hospital, according to the Houma Courier.

After receiving a stent in his artery, Manor says he expects to get back into the game within the next couple weeks.

"I'll take a week off, and I'll be good to go," Manor told the paper. "This is not going to hold me back."

In a similar incident, a Minnesota firefighter's professional instincts helped save the life of a hockey referee after he went into cardiac arrest on the ice.

Justin Johnson came to the aid of Kevin Whipple shortly after the 54-year-old passed out during a game in December 2010, CBS Minnesota reports.

Johnson performed CPR and was soon joined by a doctor, nurse and physical therapist who witnessed the incident and helped administer electric shock. Whipple later underwent surgery at a nearby hospital and successfully recovered.

In addition, an NFL referee recently credited two Baltimore Ravens players for saving his life.

Tony Corrente was caught amid a tussle involving players Matt Birk and Michael Oher on Sept. 11, 2011, when he was knocked to ground, CBS Baltimore reports. The referee eventually sought medical help, where doctors discovered Corrente had throat cancer.

And just last month, a Utah mother managed to save herself and her baby by posting a Facebook status update.

The woman, who was being held hostage with her 17-month-old son, took to the social networking site to ask for help in hopes someone would alert police, the Associated Press reports.

Authorities eventually showed up at the house and arrested Troy Reed Critchfield after he allegedly held the pair hostage for about five days.