HuffPost Parents Origami Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The HuffPost Parents Stroller Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (including contractors and freelancers) of AOL Inc. and companies involved in the design, implementation, or promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes are subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes are sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 5:00 pm ET on May 11, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on May 18, 2012 (the "Entry Period").
5. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, go to INSERT URL and 1. TWEETING @HUFFPOSTPARENTS WITH #MOTHERHOODIS2. LEAVING A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT FIELDS BELOW. Limit one (1) entry per person.
6. DRAWING: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, Sponsor will select the name of one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as the potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. If you are selected as the potential winner, you will be Direct Messaged via Twitter and/or emailed and asked to provide your name, complete address, telephone number, date of birth and e-mail address. If the potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the winner notification correspondence, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining eligible entries received.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where prohibited, the potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") before receiving the prize. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive an Origami Stroller valued at $850. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter or Facebook account from which the entry is made.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant's consent for the Sponsor and the Sponsor's designees to use of entrant's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties"), and Twitter from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury, death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt and use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To request a copy of the Winner's name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to HuffPost Parents Stroller Sweepstakes, c/o AOL, 770 Broadway, Rm 5A:C48, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be received by February 15, 2012.