We were so thrilled when hostess aprons made a comeback -- and even more thrilled when we saw the idea for today's Craft Of The Day. An added bonus? This apron from Warehouse Fabrics, Inc. has reversible sides, giving you two looks in one, without really adding much in terms of extra work. The hardest part? Deciding on two fabrics. Though we love pink and black, we also think red and blue or turquoise and brown would make for a great combination as well. Anyway...ready to begin? See the how-to, below!
Photo by Warehouse Fabrics, Inc. .
What You'll Need:
Two patterns of fabric (of your choice)
Pattern pieces (for the free pattern, visit Warehouse Fabrics, Inc.)
Printer & Paper
How to Make It:
1. Pick two fabrics of your choice, one for each side of the apron.
1. Download and print the free pattern provided in the full tutorial.
2. Using scissors, carefully cut the pattern pieces.
3. Pin the waistband to the apron skirt and sew
4. Sew on a pocket to the apron skirt front
5. With "pretty" sides facing, pin both apron skirt pieces together and sew together (leaving top open)
6. Turn right-side out, iron and finish by adding a second waistband
For the full tutorial, visit Warehouse Fabrics, Inc.
And, be sure to check out our other great crafts in our Craft Of The Day slideshow below.