A 3-month-old baby girl was killed Wednesday in a fire that has displaced 30 people from their homes on Chicago's West Side.
Miracle Hooks was killed in the blaze, which broke out around 5 p.m. in the 3100 block of West Franklin in the city's Humboldt Park neighborhood, according to ABC Chicago.
A preliminary investigation found a space heater placed near a bed in the back bedroom of the first floor apartment where Miracle lived is to blame in the fatal blaze, the Chicago Tribune reports.
Firefighters were on the scene within two minutes of being alerted to the fire, according to NBC Chicago. They attempted to rescue Miracle from the bedroom but were beaten back by massive flames. By the time they got to the baby girl, it was too late.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, 30 people -- 18 adults and 12 children -- were displaced by the fire. The Red Cross has come to their aid.
Smoke detectors found in the two-story apartment building were not working at the time of the fire, CBS Chicago reports.