A brave 12-year-old boy is being praised as a hero after rescuing his grandmother from their burning home.
Seth Cutright has been left with heavy burns across his face, body and arms after a propane heater exploded in his home in Vernonia, Ore., on Friday, reported the Daily Mail.
Seth said he could smell leaking gas just before his grandmother, Rose Cutright, lit a cigarette in her bedroom at about 3pm.
Seth and his grandmother were the only ones at home when the small flame immediately set the house on fire.
“It was like ‘boom.’ A flash before your eyes,” Seth tells KATU in the video. “My grandma was on fire.”
Seth instantly sprang into action. He grabbed his burning grandmother and carried her out of their home in his arms. By the time Seth got outside, the fire on his grandmother had gone out.
"I carried her outside and set her on the ground. I went to the next-door neighbor’s and said: "Call the ambulance.'" he told the Daily Mail.
Oregon fire fighters battled the flames for three hours before they were able to put it out.
Seth and his grandmother are recovering from their burns at Oregon Burn Center. Rose remains in critical condition, reports Hollywood Life.
Seth has visible burns covering his face and his hands are wrapped in bandages, but doctors say that he is expected to make a full recovery, with no visible scarring, reports the Daily Mail.
Seth, however, wants the public to see his burned face as a warning about the dangers of house fires.
Seth, along with his father, Roger Cutright, also talked to TV stations to show their gratitude for the doctors at the burn center.
“I love you. I’m proud of you. You’re my hero,” Seth's father, Roger Cutright, said to his son on KATU.