There are so many ways to healthify your favorite holiday recipes! Health and nutrition expert Joy Bauer gave five suggestions on cutting calories when she joined me on Mondays With Marlo:
- When baking, cut back on the amount of sugar that the recipe calls for by a quarter of a cup.
- Make smaller treats. For example, cut down on the size of the cookies you're baking.
- Pull back on the mixings you add in to baked treats like chocolate chips and peanut butter pieces.
- For mashed potatoes, use half potatoes and half steamed cauliflower.
- Instead of using so much butter, substitute with canola oil or unsweetened apple sauce. You can also use whipped butter, which has less calories and less saturated fat.
And for more seasonal health and nutrition advice, see Joy's holiday health tips:
Add Marlo On Facebook:
Follow Marlo on Twitter:
Sign up to receive my email newsletter each week - It will keep you up-to-date on upcoming articles, Mondays with Marlo guests, videos, and more!