Singer Amy Winehouse died after watching videos of herself on YouTube while binge drinking vodka, according to reports about the second inquest into the singer's death heard on Tuesday.
Coroner Shirley Radcliffe ruled that Winehouse did not die under suspicious circumstances and lost her life due to accidental alcohol poisoning, the Associated Press reports. A pathologist told the inquest that the 27-year-old, whose blood alcohol level was later discovered to be "five times the legal driving limit," probably suffered respiratory arrest after drinking too much.
As the Daily Mail notes, a second inquest into Winehouse's death was recorded after the coroner at the first hearing was deemed to be under-qualified.
In a statement read at the inquest, Winehouse's bodyguard, Andrew Morris, said the "Back to Black" singer had been watching herself on YouTube the night before her death -- something he said he'd never seen her do, the Associated Press reports.
Morris had been the person who had called emergency services after discovering Winehouse dead in her bed on Jul. 23, 2011.
In his statement, Morris said that he had been "upset and shaken" when Winehouse's death was confirmed, adding that the singer had been "like a sister" to him, the Guardian notes.
According to an earlier report on The Huffington Post, Morris had thought that Winehouse was merely sleeping in her bedroom but had become alarmed when she hadn't roused herself by 3 p.m. The Grammy-winning singer was reportedly found with "empty vodka bottles scattered around her."
In the years before her death, Winehouse had fought a very public battle with drug and alcohol abuse.