This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- 2012 was the second most expensive year for weather disasters since 1980, with a $110 billion price tag, according to NOAA.
- A tornado touched down in Colesville, Maryland, about 15 miles away from Washington D.C.
- A massive storm struck the mid-Atlantic, and was blamed for two deaths.
- An incredible time-lapse video of a supercell thunderstorm was released.
- Three people were dramatically rescued from their SUV in Iowa after severe flooding stranded them in a ditch.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
BEFORE YOU GO
Extreme Weather 6/16/13