Out of all the characters in "Harry Potter," Neville Longbottom is obviously the most underrated. He might seem a little awkward at first glance, but as the series progresses, Neville truly grows into his own and plays a huge role in determining the fate of the Wizarding World.
Since yesterday was the character’s birthday (and in honor of J.K. Rowling AND Harry's birthdays), here are 10 reasons why Neville is actually the best.
1. He's the underdog
2. But is brave enough to stand up for what's right, even against his friends
3. And is one of the few people to actually tell Voldemort off to his face
4. He pays attention when others don't (like thinking of the room of requirement for Dumbledore's Army)
5. He's reliable –- Neville takes over Dumbledore's Army when Harry, Ron and Hermione are gone
6. He was sorted into Gryffindor, the best house of all
7. In the books, Neville grows up to be an Auror and then returns to Hogwarts as a professor
8. He's charming, in his own way
9. According to Professor Trelawney’s prophecy, he might actually be "The Chosen One"
10. Neville helps defeat Voldemort for good by destroying the final horcrux
Anyone who disagrees
Might want to think again
And revel in Neville's awesomeness
(Sources: jaggedxflavor.tumblr.com, poppyfieldsandmoonpearls.tumblr.com, infinityxlife.tumblr.com, prisonerfromazkaban.tumblr.com, nerd-randomness.tumblr.com, romionehinny.tumblr.com, madpotterheadwithabox.tumblr.com, multitudeofgifs.tumblr.com, onenormalgirl.tumblr.com, humorinrecovery.tumblr.com, through-the-thorns-to-the-stars.tumblr.com)