While the rest of the country settles comfortably into the crisp fall season, surfers from all over the world are flocking to Hawaii to prepare for the islands' infamous winter waves.
Over the next few months, the power of the Pacific Ocean will hit the Hawaiian Islands in a very special way, sometimes bringing swells of 20 or 30 feet. Oahu's North Shore has already seen some early action, giving us a taste of what the winter will bring. Follow the below 13 wave-chasing Instagram accounts for some dangerously close encounters.
Afterall, winter is coming.
1. Clark Little is a surf photographer, famous for his stunning images of Hawaii's shore breaks.
3. Jamie O' Brien, who was born and raised on Oahu's North Shore, is a natural at conquering the world-famous Pipeline.
(See Mason Ho surf a contest naked.)
10. Jaws Gallery features images from one of Maui's most dangerous big wave surfing spots: "Jaws."
11. Makani Adric may only be 17 years old, but this North Shore pro surfer charges massive waves like a seasoned veteran.
12. Laserwolf Photo knows all the sweet spots of a wave and captures images of local surfers all around Oahu.
13. Mark Healey is another North Shore pro surfer who dares to challenge the world's biggest waves.
What other Instagram accounts would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments section below.