This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- Hurricane Raymond forced hundreds in Mexico to evacuate.
- Don't count on your cell phone the next time a major hurricane hits.
- Some researchers say dust from the Sahara Desert could be affecting the 2013 hurricane season.
- Australia's raging bush fires intensified, worrying authorities.
- Exhausted firefighters have been sleeping wherever they can, even next to fires.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
BEFORE YOU GO
Extreme Weather Photos 10/27/13