In America, we have this liiittle teeeeny habit of tending to think we’re the best. At everything. Out of everyone on the planet Earth.
So what happens when we travel to countries that are not as glorious and fabulous as the US of A? Some of us begin to miss the cultural norms we know so well.
If you spot an American traveler in your home country, here are some simple ways to make their day a little brighter.
1. Tell them you’ve heard of their college/university/sorority/fraternity. Perform a handshake for extra points.
2. Upgrade their order of fries to an XXL… for free.
3. Tell them you have a Chipotle in this country.
4. Greet them with a “sup nod” instead of your nation’s traditional double-kiss on the cheek.
5. Tell them the photo you took of them looks perfect-- they don’t need to add an Instagram filter.
6. Show them a picture of Beyonce eating in this SAME. EXACT. RESTAURANT.
7. Tell them the hostel is hosting a beer pong tournament.
8. Ask them if America is really as awesome as it looks on TV.
9. Say they have a great accent, even though they
probably DEFINITELY don’t.
10. Calmly make mac n’ cheese when they’re too afraid to eat the traditional dish everyone else is being served.
11. Take them to the bar that screens NFL games.
12. Tell them something (anything really… they’ll believe it) is a “local delicacy.”
13. Announce that the buffet is all-you-can-eat.
14. Give them the hostel's WiFi password.
15. Tell them the village mall is having a Black Friday sale.