As life passes by, we never stop learning lessons.
But perhaps most important are the real life lessons -- the ones that prove to be true over and over again. We asked our Facebook fans to tell us about their favorite truisms and we were rewarded with some real winners. Here are just 25 below. Have any of your own to add? Let us know in comments.
1) "Give 'em enough rope and folks will usually hang themselves," said Tricia Pletcher.
2) "My 97-year-old Godmother's lifelong advice: 'When in Altman's, go to the bathroom.' (Opportunity matters... be aware enough to seize the moment," said Eric Best.
3) "You can't teach stupid," said Peggy Hearl.
4) "What goes around comes around ALWAYS. I am 52 and have seen it happen my whole life," said Nancy Garcia Alvarado.
5) "Smile and the world smiles with you," said Pamela Hearl Bukovsky.
6) "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones!!!!!" said Geraldine Lancieri Panzera.
7) "'One true love' is false and restrictive. There can be many loves of a lifetime," said Debi Swanson Groenendyk.
9) "Most people are selfish," said Diane Daly.
10) "Where there's a Will... there are relatives who will fight over money," said Lisa A. Sharples.
11) "Life is what you make it," said Pamela Hearl Bukovsky.
12) "Try to be regular," said Frank Soos.
13) "Life is dictated by the biological stages," said Denice Loritsch.
14) "True motivation has to come from within a person," said James T. McNair.
15) "There is no such thing as a free lunch!" said Michele Nasreen Askari.
16) "Happiness comes from within -- if you think it comes from owning things or from other people, you will be disappointed," said Pam Jessurun Williams.
17) "Never hire out of pity," said Kate Blake.
18) "Haste makes waste!" said Dianne Hunziker March.
19) "Remember what you do is a reflection of who you are," said Cathleen Carolan.
20) "When one door closes another one usually opens..." said Barbara Burrell Owens.
21) "Blood is thicker than water," said Pamela Hearl Bukovsky.
22) "Be true to yourself and others will follow," said Carolyn Downing.
23) "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. When someone lies to you once, you have to ask yourself, 'What else are they lying about?' Unfortunately I must be naive because it has happened to me several times. When will I ever learn? Too trustworthy. Watch peoples' behavior and make sure their behavior matches their words," said Jane Thompson.
24) "Karma is a bitch," said Cindy Moser.
25) "Velveeta is not a good cheese substitute for lasagna; true in the 60s, true in the 70s, and still true in the 21st Century," said James Vaughn.