This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- Deadly storms battered Britain and Scandinavia, killing at least three people and leaving tens of thousands without power.
- Chilling temperatures descended on parts of the U.S. and Canada.
- The Dallas Marathon was cancelled due to a winter storm that dumped snow and freezing rain across the region.
- California citrus growers warned of the dangers of a freeze.
- HuffPost's Lynne Peeples investigated the threat of dengue fever at next year's World Cup, which could be amplified by tropical temperatures.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
BEFORE YOU GO
Extreme Weather Photos 12/8/13