This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- Snow crippled the eastern U.S. on Monday, dumping nearly 10 inches of snow in some areas and congesting travel.
- Iran saw its heaviest snowfall in nearly 50 years, leading to thousands of rescues as many villages lost electricity and gas.
- Beijing experienced its first snow of the season, which cancelled multiple flights.
- Sixteen people died in Afghanistan from heavy snow and freezing temperatures.
- Britain experienced a heavy storm late in the week, with heavy wind and rain bringing massive waves to the coast and causing more flooding.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
BEFORE YOU GO
Extreme weather 2/9