This week has been an interesting one in the weird, wild world of animal news:
- Scientists say the record cold will have one positive effect -- invasive insect populations will be a lot lower going into spring, but they won't be wiped out entirely.
- Researchers also discovered that elephants have a specific alarm call for when humans are approaching, and that they "can differentiate between two types of threat and reflect the level of urgency of that threat."
- Baby sea turtles will soon start emerging from their nests around the world.
- Bears in Yosemite are back to a much healthier diet after years of safety measures meant to combat scavenging in campgrounds.
- Wild photos of an otter attacking an alligator and a snake eating a crocodile went viral.
- The first World Wildlife Day celebrated the flora and fauna we sometimes forget about.
Take a look at some of this week's most stunning animal photos below, and check back next week for more news about the Animal Kingdom.
Animal Photos Of The Week
BEFORE YOU GO
Awesome Animal Photos