This week has been an interesting one in the weird, wild world of animal news:
- Smithsonian's National Zoo is hand-raising a baby sloth bear after its mother proved to be unfit to raise the cub.
- Pythons have an amazing homing ability that allows them to find their way home, according to a new study.
- A Tibetan mastiff was sold for a reported $2 million in China, possibly making it the most expensive dog ever sold.
- A group is retracing the 1,200-mile journey of famed wolf OR-7, the first of it's kind to settle in Oregon after nearly 70 years away.
- A new paper asked the question: Is it wrong for zoos to serve meat at on-site restaurants?
Take a look at some of this week's most stunning animal photos below, and check back next week for more news about the Animal Kingdom.
Animal Photos Of The Week