This couple isn't letting anything get in the way of their love for each other.
Megan Hunley and Brian Osborne were left with just the clothes on their back after a fire broke out in their Gales Ferry, Conn., home on April 14, according to WFSB. Just when they thought they lost it all, they found the one item that they truly cared about.
Osborne had bought an engagement ring a few months ago, and was sure it was lost in the blaze. After a firefighter went back in and did a thorough search, he found the sparkling diamond amid the debris.
Although the box it came in was burned, the ring was still in perfect condition.
"I didn’t even know what to say," Osborne told ABC News. "I was just speechless."
That's when they decided to get married in front of their burnt down house on April 19, wearing exactly what they had on the day they ran out of their house as it was going up in flames -- sweatpants and T-shirts.
"We decided what’s the point of even waiting?" Osborne told the outlet. "You don’t need to have the pretty dress or a nice tuxedo."
The couple was surrounded by family and friends, along with members of the Gales Ferry Volunteer Fire Company who had helped them escape the fire.
They had each other and the salvaged ring, which was all they needed.
"I wouldn't want it any other way," Hunley told WFSB. "All that other stuff is materialistic."